We donate to charities to support specific projects or ongoing costs, but only when the charity meets our criteria for donations. We do not ask you to fill out lengthy forms, or complete grant applications. A simple email will do.
Here is the Ten Percent Foundation Funding Criteria:
- The charity deals with a range of work that appeals to us.
- The charity has no ulterior motive – eg religious teachings or political leanings.
- The charity appears to do some good, does not hoard money or spend it frivolously.
- The charity pays its staff a reasonable and not excessive level of remuneration. For us the level is £75,000 as an absolute maximum. We do not believe a charity, which by definition is dependent on donations and support from the general public, should be paying staff a higher salary than this level and we would only ever expect to see 1 or 2 members of staff on salaries of more than £60,000 in very large charities.
The trustees of the Ten-Percent Foundation are particularly interested in the following types of charity or worthy cause:
- Charities that support small tangible projects in Africa.
- Charities that deal with poverty and the effects of poverty in the UK.
- Specific support for the education of children in Africa.
- Support for stammering and in particular children affected by speech impediments.
- Support for people who have Parkinsons.
- Support for people who have had a stroke.
- Charities working with ex-offenders.
- Charities with links to the legal profession (we work in the legal sector).
- Charities dealing with victims (and perpetrators of) domestic violence.
- Charities dealing with youth work in areas particularly affected by poverty.
- Animal conservation – in particular third world conservation.
- Charities saving the rainforest by purchasing it.
- Local sports clubs and organisations.
To apply for funding please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your charity name.
- The geographical locations your charity operates in.
- What you require the funding for – be as specific as possible.
- How much you want. Please bear in mind that we are a very small charity and rarely donate more than £2,000 in any one year to any charity. We have supported a number of charities over a period of years to the tune of around £10,000 each.
- Confirmation that you fit the criteria above, in particular the salary requirements. Please note that we do check this information with the Charity Commission.
- Confirmation that you consent to any publicity we choose to do about any donation we make to your charity.